The EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) take effect May 25 and we are fully behind the spirit of these regulations for a safe and secure Internet.
We collect basic contact information to allow you access to our membership site. This includes contact details like email address and name in order to support membership login, content access and other account management functions.
Overall, we aim for privacy by default: if data collection is not integral to the way our product works, then we won’t collect it.
At any time, you may request your information to be exported and sent to you for review, and we promptly honor any requests by you to have your information deleted and forgotten.
If you signup for our our products, it’ll qualify you to receive emails from us about our products and services that you’ve signed up for, occasional promotional emails, special discount offers and other important messages and announcements about our products and services.
We respect your privacy. We will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email address) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email. We’ll only send you emails related to our products and services.
But if you would like to unsubscribe from our email list and want to never hear from us again, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email and we’ll know that you’re no longer interested in receiving emails from us.
If you’d like to stay on our lists and continue getting emails from us about our products and services, no further action is required.
What personal data we collect
Your user profile
When you signup for a membership at docmolly.com we collect the following information:
- Your first name
- Your last name (if you provide it)
- Your email address
- Your password is encrypted, meaning it can not be read or accessed by anyone
- Your IP address
- Purchase information: We collect your purchase date, amount paid, coupons used and most recent login dates and times. We do NOT collect any of your financial information. This is handled by PayPal or Stripe. Any credit card information you enter on this site is encrypted and handled by Stripe.
What are cookies? Cookies are small text files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This enables the website to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website.
How cookies are used
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Cookies are also used by Google Analytics on this site as described in the next section.
This website uses tracking software (Google Analytics) to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
When visitors leave comments on this site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. This site uses Akismet anti-spam service. Information collected may include commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
When you contact us, the personal data you provide (name, email address, content of message) as well as the date, time and IP address of your message are captured using software called Gravity Forms. This information is used for customer service purposes only. We do not use your information for marketing purposes. Your information is private and not shared, except where you have given your expressed permission. For example, if you would like us to help you find an online Spanish teacher, we will share your contact information with that teacher only if you ask us to do so.
Who we share your data with
- We use PayPal and Stripe to process all payments. Any credit card information entered on this site is encrypted and processed by Stripe.
- We operate a mailing list using MailChimp, who are fully GDPR compliant. When you sign up for a free or paid membership, you are added to a mailing list managed at MailChimp. (If you are from a country where GDPR applies, you will be asked to give your consent to be added to this mailing list.) This mailing list is used to send you news, Spanish tips, and special offers. You can unsubscribe to the mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of each email sent.
- Visitor comments are checked by an automated spam detection service called Akismet. (See Comments above.)
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile (your name and email address). All users can see and edit their personal information at any time through the My Profile page. Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We will delete your account and personal information upon your request, when you contact us.
- We will keep customer purchase records for up to 10 years.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our contact information
If you have any privacy concerns please contact us at:
- email: [email protected]
- phone: 612-280-5057