In this series covering Spanish for COPD, we focus on patient education and practice a ton of useful vocabulary and phrases for the medical setting. In the clinical dialogues, you will hear a patient present to the pulmonologist for her first visit for COPD.
- First, the doctor then explains the diagnosis of COPD and how it differs from asthma.
- They then discuss the causes of COPD and the importance of smoking cessation.
- The doctor explains pulmonary function tests, oxygen monitoring, and screening for lung cancer.
- Finally, the doctor explains oxygen therapy and pulmonary rehabilitation.
LEVEL – ADVANCED
Read & Listen
Click on lesson title to listen.
Click on blue title link to open window with show notes.
Learn on the Go
Subscribe to the Physical Therapy podcast feed:
https://docmolly.com/category/COPD/feed/?key=Sorry, you must log in before you can view this content. Click here to log in
- Copy and paste the above URL in one of the recommended podcast apps. (See Learn on the Go in the Frequently Asked Questions)
- Your feed is for personal use only. Thank you for not sharing it.
- When you subscribe to the podcast, new lessons in this series will automatically appear in your feed.
Take the Course
The lessons covering Spanish for COPD now contain the following course features:
- Track your progress with the lesson outline and progress bar.
- Take the quiz at the end of each lesson.
- Pass the quiz and click: "Lección completada."
- Earn points as you complete the lessons.
- Redeem points for bonus content!
- Certificate awarded at the end of the course.
Learn with Ángel over Skype
Ángel is a Spanish-language teacher from Mexico who is also trained as an ICU nurse.
He offers one-on-one medical Spanish lessons over Skype.